Executing a successful IPO
View this page in:
We customize the approach to each specific situation
PwC´s Capital Markets group have professionals who have participated in IPO operations of a wide range of Spanish and foreign companies. As part of this commitment, we work in teams that include investment banks, law firms, auditors, financial advisers and other experts involved in the IPO process. We believe that this close collaboration with the various parties involved is essential for a successful IPO. We have a deep understanding of the "best global practices" for public offerings and capital market operations.
Our global network of consultants allows us to continually analyze developments and trends in the global markets, which is then used for the best interests of our clients. We do not apply universal solutions; instead we customize the approach to each specific situation. Our knowledge and experience help develop solutions to make you operate in a capital market that can suit your needs.
We offer the following services, among others, for companies that have decided to go public:
- Company valuation for IPO purposes.
- Advice on the IPO strategy and evaluation of alternative stock markets.
- Assistance with identifying the most optimal structure for the "offering" (including tax issues).
- Advice to the company with developing the "Management Discussion and Analysis" (MD&A) and other parts of the prospectus or "Offering Memorandum".
- Assist management in resolving the issues raised by regulators in their review of the prospectus.
- Review disclosures made by the company as required by the regulators on the financial statements (U.S. GAAP, IFRS or GAAP applied).
- If required, advise management in preparing financial statements pro-forma or carve-out.
- Support for other parties involved in the transaction (e.g., "comfort letters").
- Perform due diligence for the "underwriter".
- Overall project management during the IPO process.
- Advising on Corporate Governance matters.
- Assessment and advice in implementing internal control systems, even during the financial reporting process.
- Advice on optimizing and add value to the portfolio of intangible assets of the company in an IPO.
- A smooth and efficient execution.
- Achieve a successful IPO.
- Reduced business interruption.
- Team building and transparency of knowledge.
- Maximize value for shareholders.