PwC’s Sustainability and Climate Change Solutions
View this page in:
The 4th survey of Top Management in Spain reveals that 62% of top managers think that innovation in their companies will largely come from creating products and services which are more sustainable and respectful of the environment. Other studies show that the more sustainable the trademark is perceived, the more meaningful it becomes to the consumer and the greater the confidence which the consumer has in the trademark.
The road towards a sustainable economy requires new products, new processes, cleaner technologies and different ways of acting throughout the organisation and supply chain.
To prepare and advance, companies need appropriate information systems, management structures and good corporate governance, new technologies and redesigned processes, the involvement of staff and particular attention to the different groups of interest as well as high doses of transparency to respond to the expectations of investors and clients.
PwC proposes multidisciplinary solutions for companies to assist them in their efforts to position themselves and move towards a sustainable and responsible business model and a low carbon economy.
Sustainability and Climate Change Strategies
Creation of sustainability, RSC and climate change strategies to minimise the risks and maximise the opportunities in ethical, social and environmental areas and to create effective implementation programmes.
- Sustainability, RSC and climate change strategies
- Analysis of the economic impact of the regulation
- Good governance of sustainability, RSC and climate change strategies
- Analysis and assessment of risks and opportunities
- Person in charge of sustainability and climate change
- Creation of sustainable products
- Socially-responsible investment - Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), Principles for Responsible Investment Initiative (PRI) and ESG (environmental, social and governance) standards
- Effective social action programmes and measurement of the impact
Public sustainability and climate change policies
Advice on drawing up public sustainability and climate change policies and for a more sustainable public management.
- Public sustainability and climate change strategies
- Sustainable cities
- Mitigation and adaptation programmes
- Territorial carbon inventories
- Institutional carbon management
- Green purchase policies
- International cooperation for a low carbon economy (“fast start funding”)
- Transparency and good governance in public corporations and institutions.
- Creation of legal and tax instruments of support
Financing and carbon markets
Advice on carbon markets and management of subsidies and incentives for the financing of a low carbon economy
- Carbon markets: carbon emissions trade, Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Joint Implementation (JI).
- Domestic markets
- Cost-profit analysis of ways of reducing carbon emissions
- Search for subsidies and tax relief for new investments
- Reduction of Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD) programmes
- Environmental and carbon due diligence
- Management of emission rights portfolios
Sustainable management of operations and the supply chain
Measurement and management of carbon and ecological footprint by creating more sustainable products and processes in operations and in the supply chain.
- Redesigning of more sustainable processes
- Clean technologies
- Sustainable logistics
- Sustainable constructions
- Measurement and reduction of corporate and product carbon footprint
- Sustainable management and carbon footprint of chains of suppliers
- Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)
- Support in the implementation of management systems: ISO 14001, ISO 9000, ISO 26.000, etc.
Energy and natural resources management
Measures for a reduction of impacts and efficient management of natural resources (energy, water, biodiversity, etc.) with the aim of obtaining a more sustainable business model and a low carbon economy.
- Energy efficiency plans and strategies
- Renewable energies plan
- Sustainability of biofuels
- Water footprint and water management
- Biodiversity, ecosystems and uses of land
- Ecological footprint
Technologies and information systems for sustainability management
Functional development of computer systems and software for sustainability and climate change management and Green IT policies.
- Technological software for sustainability management and reporting (SAP, Enablon, Wonderware, etc.)
- Green IT policies
- IT strategy for carbon management
- Tools for measuring the carbon footprint (of clients, staff, suppliers, etc.)
People and stakeholders management
Raising of awareness and incentives for management of climate change and for creating dialogue policies and management of groups of interest.
- Drawing up, implementation and management of ethical codes
- Raising of awareness and training in sustainability, RSC and climate change
- Incentives for sustainability management
- Human rights, diversity and equality policies
- New forms of time management
- Internal communication of carbon and sustainability management
- Strengthening of the internal trademark by means of sustainability
- Management of groups of interest
- Management of reputation and on-line reputation
Reporting, compliance and audit
Reports on transparency and compliance of environmental, social, ethical and good governance matters and verification processes based on audit standards.
- Sustainability and RSC reporting
- Carbon reports (e.g. Carbon Disclosure Project)
- Review and enhancement of reporting systems and processes
- Verification of sustainability memories
- Verification of the emissions inventory
- Verification and audit of compliance (Biofuels directive 2009/28/EC, etc.)