Companies that find themselves in an integration process seek the implementation of a new management model,continuing to carry out day-to-day operations without disruption and capturing the synergies identified during the transaction. An integration is a complex process whose success requires the implementation of an action plan that mobilises the organisation and maximises the value of the transaction.
At PwC we have a team of experts in integration processes and a proven methodology in more than 200 integration programs based on the “best market practice” that we tailor to meet our clients’ needs. We focus on advising shareholders and management on the successful planning and management of the integration process , identifying potential risks with the implementation of contingency plans that guarantee the quality of their business operations, capturing benefits and synergies derived from the transaction.
The potential problems of an integration include :
- Multiple improvement initiatives launched at the same time, with possible interdependencies between them.
- Inefficiencies due to the duplication of processes, people and technologies.
- Unclear business strategy among the management team with an organisational structure that does not reflect the target business model.
- Multiple cultures that impede operational co-ordination and the maximisation of synergies identified during the integration.
How we can help
- We manage all the key “stakeholders” during the integration process : governing bodies and management, employees, customers, suppliers and regulators.
- We minimise risks through robust integration processes, maintaining continuous control over planning, risks and problems, dependencies, resources and costs, guaranteeing the quality of the integration processes and facilitating decision-making.
- We maximise the value of the transaction by focusing on the attainment of synergies, ensuring that there are clear objectives that permit adequate prioritisation and that critical resources are assigned to the initiatives that provide the greatest value.
Look at Strategy & Operations Solutions